A couple weeks ago it was hot outside and I asked my girls to make sure the little boys had sunblock on them. As I glanced out the door I was greeted by a smiling face! Apparently it was a fellow from the “Happy Face Tribe!”
Kids…. You Gotta Love Them!
Of course we use organic sunblock and we only use it when it is necessary. Did you know increasing your omega-3’s can help your skin to be protected from damaging sun rays. So, load up on your omega-3 to decrease your need for sunblock.
Here is a list of 5 foods that can promote sun-friendly responses in your body.
- Red and Orange Fruits and Veggies- These contain Lycopene which has been shown to aid in protection against some UV-induced skin irritations.
- Dark Chocolate- I know this is music to your ears! Flavanoids found in dark chocolate may improve the skin’s ability protect against some types of skin damage, including UV-induced issues like sun burns
- Greens-Contain skin friendly antioxidants.
- Green Teas-are packed with polyphenols that can help stop cancer development by limiting the blood supply to the cancerous area.
- Omeg-3 Rich Fish- Research suggests these compounds can help protect cells from free radical damage which can be caused by the sun.
Check out what Wellness Momma has to say on the subject of Omega-3’s
What is your favorite natural way to protect your skin from the sun?
© 2013 – 2016, Compelled Life. All rights reserved.