The following recipe is an adaption of our Dark Chocolate Grain Free Brownie. I made the Dark Chocolate Brownie recipe for myself, but this time I wanted to make it more family friendly for my children, so I could serve for it breakfast. I do not like to give my toddlers too much chocolate. The result reminded me a lot of a chocolate muffin in texture and it was not too sweet which was perfect for breakfast. I found it just asking for chocolate chips! However, we do not eat too much sugar here so we did not add the chips. This could easily become a dessert muffin batter if you added the chocolate chips and put the batter into muffin cups. So, basically you can also make this into breakfast muffins too if you would like.
You can also use chicken eggs if you would like. We served it with a RAW Banana Ice-Cream. The kids said, “It made the bake special.” You can add more honey if would like or bake as is and pour honey over it when it is done. This is not too sweet or too chocolaty, but very satisfying. If you prefer a deeper chocolate flavor replace tapioca with cocoa powder.
Note: See Revision for a quicker Chicken Egg Recipe at the bottom of post
Sugar Free- “Paleo”- Chicken Egg Free
7 Duck eggs
146 g Honey (Just under 1/2 cup)
11 drops Stevia Liquid
102 g 100% Unsweetened chocolate squares
107 g Organic Palm Shortening
2 tsp Vanilla
198 g hazelnut meal (not as finely ground as a flour) Approx 1.5 cups
30 g Tapioca Starch (Or you may use cocoa powder) 1/4 cup if using tapioca starch add 1 extra tablespoon.
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13×9 pan
2. Combine chocolate and palm shortening, and vanilla in a small saucepan. On med-low heat, stir often, until all is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and put into separate bowl to cool.
3. In a food processor, process whole hazelnuts until it makes a meal. Make sure not to make hazelnut butter. It should look crumbly and like nut flour meal or powdery, but not too fine.
4. Mix the eggs and a honey with a fork until foamy in a mixing bowl, and then gradually pour in the chocolate mix and keep beating until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients together.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Pour into a greased/parchment lined pan.
6. Bake about 20 minutes then flip bake 5 minutes more until firm in the center.
7. Eat whenever you would like.
3 Frozen Bananas
Blend all in the blender. We have a Vitamix
Chocolate Hazelnut Breakfast Bake Recipe- Grain Free- Chicken Egg Version
To make chicken egg version omit duck eggs and add 8 Chicken Eggs, only use cocoa powder not tapioca.
Also to shorten recipe.
Follows steps 1-3 exactly. Next add all dry ingredients to food processor and pulse 4 times. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients to the food processor and pulse 8-9 time and then HAND MIX and scrape the bowl to combine. Proceed as usual. This time I used a silicone 10×10 pan and it only took 20 minutes to cook to perfection. I also free poured more honey to make it sweeter and I used cocoa instead of tapioca starch. I also made a quick Salted Chocolate Sauce to pour of the top that was so luscious combined with the banana ice cream.
To make chocolate sauce I just combined a unsweetened chocolate bars, a pinch of salt, palm shortening (you could use butter) and honey to make a thick dark chocolate sauce.
© 2014, Compelled Life. All rights reserved.